I.D.05088
LOGIN NAO! or... feel free to registrate
I.D.05088
LOGIN NAO! or... feel free to registrate
I.D.05088
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Est. 2008

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ten Most Obscure Car Laws In The US

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spoonsedan
The Baus
Spoonsedan

The Ten Most Obscure Car Laws In The US Empty
PostSubject: The Ten Most Obscure Car Laws In The US   The Ten Most Obscure Car Laws In The US I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:25 pm

10.) Texas Requires Windshield Wipers, But Not Necessarily A Windshield
Quote :
To register a car in Texas (or in New York), one must have windshield wipers.
However, the windshield itself is optional.

9.) In Oregon, You Can Legally Turn Left On Red
Quote :
"Oregon drivers are also allowed to turn left from a two-way street onto a one-way - including onto a freeway ramp - on a red."

8.) In Oregon, It's Illegal To Pump Your Own Gas
Quote :
OR considers it a matter of handling of hazardous materials. In theory, the guy pumping your gas in OR has been specially trained, even.

7.) It's Illegal To Honk Or Not Park At A McDonald's
Quote :
In Arkansas, if you drive to McDonald's, but change your mind, you will get a ticket unless you stop the car and park first. You'll also get a ticket if it's after 9 p.m., you see a friend across the street of said restaurant, and you honk your horn.
Quote :
In Paramount California: No person shall drive a motor vehicle onto the premises of a drive-in restaurant and leave the premises without parking such motor vehicle, unless there is no unoccupied parking space available on the premises. Source: Code 1961, 25-156, 25-158Sec. 18-54.

Sounding of horns at sandwich shops. No person shall sound the horn on a vehicle at any place where cold drinks or sandwiches are served after 9:00 p.m. Source: Code 1961, 25-74P

6.) In New Jersey, Hanging Dice Or Air Fresheners Are Illegal
Quote :
It doesn't even matter if it's a religious item. It is actually a pull over offense so you can be stopped for it. They can write the ticket for obstruction of view I believe.

5.) In California, It's Illegal To Jump From A Car At 65 MPH

4.) In PA, You Have To Send Up Rocket Signals To Avoid Animals
Quote :
Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.

Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.

In the event that a horse refuses to pass a car on the road, the owner must take his car apart and conceal the parts in the bushes.

3.) In Massachusetts, It's Illegal To Have A Bro Truck
Quote :
Massachusetts lift height law. It states vehicles can only be lifted a height determined by the following equation based on wheelbase:

(1) The maximum mechanical lift for four wheel drive motor vehicles
shall be calculated by multiplying the wheel base times the wheel track,
and dividing the product by a safety factor of 2200:
i.e., 92" w/b x 58" w/t = 5336/2200 = 2" (maximum mechanical lift). Which for reference, a Jeep cherokees maximum lift is approx. 2.5 inches, which is complete bull.

2.) In Alabama, You Can Drive Against Traffic If You Have A Lantern
Quote :
In Alabama it is legal to drive the wrong way down a 1 way street, just as long as you have a lantern hanging on the front of your vehicle.

1.) In Waynesboro, Virginia It's Illegal For A Woman To Drive Up Main Street
Quote :
It's illegal for a woman to drive a car up Main St. unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag.
Back to top Go down
https://id05088.forumotion.com

The Ten Most Obscure Car Laws In The US
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I.D.05088 :: General :: Car Talk-
Jump to: